Thursday, May 28, 2009

Nights Like These

5 Days Later

It’s been 5 days, 5 days and no sleep. 120 hours without a wink. I have no idea why either. In fact the only time that I haven't been conscious in the past 5 days has been when I blackout. This has been happening more and more lately. Honestly I'm a little thankful for the 5 to 10 minutes of REM, if you can call it that. It’s kinda funny, when your brain loses touch, Your body becomes stiff like a long night spent on the bathroom floor, and your brain starts working overtime like the engine of an '87 civic that somebody's trying to drive on the freeway in first gear. Nothing like 10,000 RPM's screaming to the heavens whilst little bits of transmission start to drop out the bottom of the little ricer. I said before that I wanted to remember my last days as the best of my life, but without any sleep I feel like a junkie needing a fix. I can't really remember what went on the past few days but I'm pretty sure that I got drunk at least once.

The Next Day

Quit my job today. Figured some shit out and I've got enough in my savings that if I sell my car I'll have enough money to live well for a little over a year. I don't plan on living that long so I think I might just say to divide it amongst my friends when I'm gone. Oh yeah, my mom figured out what happened. That was a fun conversation; my dad had the same thing happen to him as well as my granddad. Dad got hooked up to tubes for a couple months before he kicked it, and gamps never knew what hit him. I think that it will take a while for her to come to grips with it but she's strong. That’s why I'm not going to another doctor, I don't want to walk in and get hooked into a machine, I'd rather spend that time with her.